Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Racer bike cup Engelburg

Engelburg
Liars

After the race in Granichen we made our way to Engelburg where it is winter in summer, it was freezing! And we only had two days of sun in a whole week. Apart from that the place where we were staying (on the side of a valley) had amazing views of the mountain peaks.. and the snow haha, the temparture felt colder than at home. Leading up to the race was not so good for me.  I was barely getting enough sleep at night, the night before the race I got to sleep at around 1am and I could tell this race was not going to be fun. On race day the sun had finally decided to show itself which was very bad for unprepared me. After the puncture last week I had ordered some new tyres but the wrong ones arrived and I thought as it was very wet I would wait for the right ones (for dry conditions) and use my  Medusa mud tyres, but somehow the course had completeley dried out by our race time at 3 in the afternoon. When the race started the pace was easy but I was still struggling out the backdoor up the first climb which was gutting!
I was just thinking I came over here to race and not give up,  but the leaders still caught up and lapped me on the 6th lap (out of ten) I sat on their wheel up the climb and puttered out by the top, the next rider to come past was Jose Antonio (current world champ) so I decided it would be cool to race him so I did and for the last three laps I pushed my way up the field a bit and it was cool riding with Jose.


In the end I finished 24th which was not what I was after, especially being lapped out!

We have now left cold Engelburg to go to the summer in Basel which is soo nice, Pascal Shmutz and his family have taken Carl, Katie and I in for the week which is awesome, the people here are so friendly and helpful!


It only looked like this twice


This was what it mostly looked like.

Have got some new shoes and new tyres now! So the next race in Chur (pronounced sure, choir and hore haha),  which isn't for two weeks, will be better, so will probably update the blog sometime next week as well.

Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment