Monday, May 7, 2012

BMC Cup Solothurn Bike Days.

Yo

This week I raced in another BMC cup which was also combined with the Bike Days festival, an awesome festival that has all sorts of events that run until 2 in the morning and a whole lot of tents handing out free stickers!

The course was a good roadie course combining about 60% road with a steep rooty single track climb and a fast descent.

The night leading into the race it poured down which left a couple of big puddles on the first 300m of the course. The woman and juniors races before our 4pm race start and the mtb part of the course was by then well ripped up with some parts were unrideable.
The start of the race was quick as (like usual) and went straight through what was now a couple of mud baths and then straight onto the road for a couple of kms for some bunch riding. When we got to the first hill I felt like I was keeping my pace and passing a couple of people. But coming round to the 2nd lap I was feeling the first and dropped back a bit, On the start of the 3rd lap I took a gel and started feeling strong again catching up to a bunch on the road. But when we hit the climb I changed down from my big chain ring and got chain suck, I tried running up the hill and getting the chain out but it was stuck pretty good. I finally got the chain out after stopping to deal to it. Unfortunately once back on the bike I noticed straight away that there was something wrong with the chain as it kept skipping very badly, enough not be able to ride anywhere strongly. I took a second look at it and saw that it was bent.. I didn't know what to do in this situation so I rode to the end and was lapped out/dnf'd which sucked big time.
                                                                    Yeah buddy
                                                                Frick sake
                                                                   Down time

Since the race we have travelled to Czech Republic so I can start getting ready to finally have a clean sweep at the World Cup this weekend in Nove Mesto na Morave. Just had a mean pizza and am off to bed maybe...

Cheers

Sam

1 comment: