Saturday, May 19, 2012

Last race of my European season

Yo

So we rolled into town on Monday earlier this week,  after a long trip from Czech that we split into two days.  The weather was good and I went for a ride. The weather was horrible for the rest of the week, even snowing at one point and rain was forecast for race day.
The view for our hotel window

Come race day the weather was mint and the hottest day we had had in weeks (six days actually). I was looking forward to a mud battle on the big climb and downhill but the track was practically dry, and race time came around fast.

Last race La Bresse world cup:
The start was good for me this time, I kept my eyes up and avoided the main crash just, after that it was a clean run back to the start/finish and onto the real track. As soon as we hit the first climb, the climb hit my legs, I was a bit more tired than I thought but luckily there wasn't any passing so I kept my spot in the top 60 and stayed around there for most of the race. Then like usual I started getting faster on the last laps. But punctured on the 5th lap, luckily the Stanz kicked in and I had a Co2 handy so pumped it up quickly and was off again but had still lost a lot of time and places. In the last lap I managed to get back to where I had been in the 5th lap and even passed one more rider to produce my fastest lap of the race and finish in 48th, my best result so far. Am going into Holiday mode now for a couple of weeks and then will start training again and will come back next time around a lot stronger and faster!

crazy hard rock garden

Cheers

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment