Monday, November 19, 2012

Mid north island title/Yeti SB66C

The past two weeks I have been racing at the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the Mid north island cup in Napier and Tokoroa and have also been sorted out a new bike for another type of racing.

Napier round two
super fast

It was pretty hot for this race and the track was dry and had some awesome techy single track with tight corners and steep climbs, the tracks we were riding on were similar to previous years racing except this time we were riding most of the backwards to mix things up.. Anyway race start, the pace was a bit quick and I didnt mind not being with the leader from the start so eased up a little to stay with the main bunch but on the first decent I tried taking a hot line and flicked up a log hiding under some pine needles which ended up flicking me off the bike I had to stop for a little bit to take all the leaves and other bits that had caught in the wheel, by this time the leader (Mathew) had about a min gap on me so I got straight into it and started reeling him back in during the first 3 laps. By the last lap I was in the lead and was feeling good so just kept a strong pace and got a little gap on 2nd at the top of the last major climb to take the win by about 20sec woohoo.
race face.. i wish

Tokoroa round 3

Completely different conditions for this race with cold winds and small showers every 30min or so, Mikey Northcott had made the course so it was going to be a goodie. The start was pretty quick again and on the first climb there was 6 of us and I manged to get into the single track in 3rd but wasn't quick enough on the single track so got dropped, the rest of the race I was playing catch up but that wasn't really working and I think the gap stayed constantly about 30secs between me and the leader (Carlos) by the 3rd lap the course had started getting a bit more slippery and I had to run a couple of sections each lap, keeping things a bit interesting, I finished up in 2nd in open men so am pretty happy with that! And I think with that I just need to enter the Rotorua round and the mid north island cup title is mine, yuss.

New bike

Have only been out for one ride so cant go into much detail yet, but I can say it climb's super well without much, if any bobbing in the rear suspension and goes downhill a lot faster than I'm used to, so if you don't see me in hospital soon there should be a good write up/video about this bike in the next month or so.. Here's some pics for now








Even girls think Yetis are awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment